HOW WE HELP OTHERS
The Bible tells us that faith without works is dead. The Mission Team identifies particular areas of Christian outreach for congregational support, provides information on these initiatives and organizes fundraising events. The team meets monthly September to May. New members will be enthusiastically welcomed, either on a ongoing basis, or to assist with a specific focus or event. Please contact the Church Office, 613-722-1144 or email@example.com for more information.
- Donation of toiletries, scarves, socks and other mens’ clothing
- Cheese sandwich making
Westboro Region Food Bank located at All Saints’ Anglican Church, Richmond Road, Ottawa
- Donation of non perishable food items
- Mens’ clothing or toiletries donations
- Womens’ and childrens’ clothing donations
- Westminster provides an annual financial subsidy
Kenora Fellowship Centre also called Anamiewigumming, meaning “House of Prayer” in Ojibway.
- One of the Presbyterian Church’s two residential schools was located in Kenora. The centre now provides a gathering place and support. It is the only operation in Kenora giving refuge from the streets to marginalized citizens through a day-time drop in centre and an emergency hostel. Westminster raises approximately $1,000 per year through a self service book sale out of a small bookcase in our lower hall.
- Working through Church World Service-Pakistan/Afghanistan (CWS-P/A), PWS&D supports the education of girls in Afghanistan, only a very small percentage of whom are enrolled at school due to poverty, societal attitudes and hostilities. One of Westminster’s fundraising events is an annual soup luncheon with a freewill offering directed toward girls’ schooling.