In 2018, we’re celebrating 90 years serving the community!
By 1931, a cornerstone was laid but it wasn’t until February 28, 1954, that the sanctuary was completed and the new church was dedicated by the moderator of the General Assembly, Reverend Dr. W.A. Cameron.
At a congregational dinner, held on March 2, the Right Honourable John Diefenbaker was a guest speaker.
In 2007, Erskine Presbyterian Church proposed to amalgamate our two congregations. At a meeting in June of that year, it was immediately evident that the principles established by representatives of the two congregations were not only complementary but an excellent basis for a strong working relationship. The openness and goodwill of both groups .to reach an amiable amalgamation was very apparent.
The commencement of our life as a joint congregation at Westminster Presbyterian Church began on Sunday, October 28th, 2007.
May we continue in this ministry of love and grace.